Friday, July 4, 2008

My Next Jewellery Project



It's time to collect my components together and begin weaving another necklace. I love earthy browns, and haven't created anything in these hues for some time, so now is as good a time as any. Firstly, I've chosen the seed beads, gemstones and made my lampwork spacer beads.





I've made a reasonably large focal bead in a design that's been in my head for a while, I wanted it to look like dripping caramel. I'm not sure if I succeeded, it is such a different design to what I normally create, and I know it will take on a totally different look once it is in a finished piece.






Reverse Side

We'll just have to wait and see the outcome of this piece, the style isn't entirely planned as yet. Quite often I like to start a woven piece and just let the design take shape as I work. Will be back with the results next week.


No comments: