Friday, August 1, 2008

Weaver's Knot




I've been finger weaving with conso cord for a couple of years, but am new to peyote and working with nymo thread.
I recently borrowed 'The Art & Elegance of Beadweaving: New Jewelry Designs with Classic Stitches' by Carol Wells, from the library. I've bought many books focusing on different methods of jewellery making and my last purchase was disappointing. So as not to make the same mistake again, I am now borrowing from the library to ascertain which book is worth buying. This particular book has instantly been added to my wish list. It is full of excellent instructions and diagrams including the Weaver's Knot.


If you are a beginner at weaving and not familiar with the Weaver's Knot, I'm sure you will find this an excellent firm knot for joining a new thread to the existing. I found the diagram very easy to follow, the red represents the existing thread and black for the new. Make sure to position the knot as close to your last stitch as possible.






No comments: