Friday, August 22, 2008

My Latest Publication








Finally, I'm famous!! Well that may be a slight exaggeration but Glass and Splinters has been featured in this month's Australian Beading magazine, and I'm extremely happy. 2 pages have been dedicated to my profile with a generous amount of photos of my beads, my woven necklace and of course a photo of me at work on the torch. Kelly Norton, the Editor of the Australian Beading magazine approached me quite a few months ago asking if the magazine could do a feature on me, and finally it is here.



I thought I would give those of you who don't have the luxury of buying a copy a view of the pages.








I must admit, it is so satisfying to see my name and creations in print, makes all that hard work worth it!


Australian Beading is a great magazine, 139 pages on nice quality paper. Full of interesting tutorials and articles - and no I am in no way affiliated with the magazine, but felt it deserved a mention.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! That's very cool. Well done.

Jules

Glass and Splinters said...

Thanks Jules! As you may have noticed, I'm pretty stoked!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lorraine!!

Glass and Splinters said...

Thanks so much Tasha!

Ruth said...

Only just had a chance to stop by and am so delighted to see the lovely article about you and your beautiful work.

Your blog is a delight. Thanks!

Ruth

Glass and Splinters said...

Ah thank you Ruth, it's been an exciting time for me! So glad you enjoy my blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lorraine! I know first hand how difficult it is to get into a beading magazine. You deserve it! BRAVO!!!

Glass and Splinters said...

Thank you Ken, it's been a great experience!

Glass and Splinters said...

Thanks Barb! It's been a great exercise, I could get quite use to this :-)